LEAGUE Foundation is a completely volunteer-run organization.
We depend on our board members and other supporters to help LEAGUE Foundation raise the dollars needed to fund the scholarship program. Equally important is raising awareness about the programs of LEAGUE Foundation and making sure the students have the necessary information when applying for a scholarship. Here are some of the ways that you can help LEAGUE Foundation support its mission:
Student / Scholarship Program Awareness
- Contact your local high school guidance department to see if there is an active Gay Straight Alliance (GSA). Make sure that the organization as well as the school is aware of LEAGUE Foundation.
- Contact other Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTQ+) community groups in your local area and inform them about LEAGUE Foundation. There are an increasing number of GLBTI organizations that are focused on supporting the youth of our community.
- Call your local newspaper to let them know about LEAGUE Foundation. You can even write letters to the editor supporting our programs.
- Consider mentoring a LGBTQ+ student who may be attending a college or vocational school in your area.
- Be sure to sign our guest book so that we can inform you about LEAGUE Foundation happenings.
- Support LEAGUE Foundation by making a personal contribution.Be sure to let your family, friends, and colleagues know you are supporting LEAGUE Foundation. Ask them to make a contribution as well. Donations can be in the form of check, credit card, real estate, automobiles, and appreciated securities.
Click here to go directly to the donations page.
- Many supporters of LEAGUE Foundation work for corporations or other companies that support charitable organizations through matching gifts. Inquire with your company to see if your gift can be matched by your employer.
- Host an event. Many local volunteer groups or employer affinity groups are looking for ways to help the community.
- It is never too early to begin estate planning. You can name LEAGUE Foundation in your will.